If you want to cook a vegetarian salad, the easiest way is to take fresh herbs – spinach, arugula, cabbage, lettuce or endive. It is perfectly complemented by juicy vegetables – cucumbers, tomatoes, radishes, carrots or zucchini. As for the dressing, you can use olive oil with lemon juice and mustard. We are going to give you a recipe for top 4 vegetarian salads.
1. Pasta salad with tomatoes and cheese
This delicious Italian-style salad is prepared very quickly and simply. For refuelling, you can use a store pesto, or you can make basil sauce yourself.
Ingredients for 1 serving:
Medium-sized Italian pasta – 100 g
Feta – 50 g
Cherry Tomatoes – 6-8 pcs.
Olive oil – 1 tbsp.
Pesto sauce – 1-2 tsp.
Italian herbs – 1/4 tsp
Lemon juice – 1/4 tsp
Salt, ground pepper – to taste
1. Boil the pasta in salted water until al dente, drain the liquid.
2. Wash the cherry tomatoes, cut in half.
3. Put the prepared pasta, halves of tomatoes and crumbled feta in a salad bowl.
4.Season with olive oil, lemon juice and mix gently. Sprinkle with Italian herbs and pour pesto.
5. In the end, decorate the salad with fresh basil and serve.
2. Spring Radish Salad
We prepare a light, tasty and fresh salad of greens, spring vegetables, nuts and cheese with honey and lemon dressing. If you observe Lent, replace feta with tofu soy cheese.
A bunch of young spinach or other herbs
3-5 pcs. radish
100 g feta or tofu
A handful of toasted almonds
1. Wash greens and soak in cold water for half an hour. Dry, if necessary, break with your hands and put on a plate.
2. Wash radish and chop finely.
3. Peel and grate the carrots.
4. To mix, mix 2-3 tbsp. olive oil, add a teaspoon of honey and mustard. Salt and pepper.
5. Put radishes, grated carrots, diced cheese and almonds on the greens.
6. Pour salad dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
3. Mexican Bean Salad
Mexican cuisine is traditionally associated with burritos, tacos, and other corn-flavoured goodies. We will prepare a Mexican bean salad – no less tasty and very simple.
Red Beans – 1 can
White Beans – 1 can
Black beans (if not, replace with red) – 1 can
Corn – 1 can
Green bell pepper – 1 pc.
Red bell pepper – 1 pc.
Red onion – 1 onion
Olive Oil – 100 ml
Lime juice – 2 tbsp.
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp.
Sugar – 2 tbsp.
Salt – 1 tbsp
Garlic – 1 clove
Cilantro or parsley – a few twigs
Hot sauce (e.g. Tabasco) – a few drops
1. Rinse the beans well and get rid of the liquid. Drain all the liquid from the corn.
2. Cut bell pepper and onion into a small cube.
3. Press the garlic with a knife and peel (do not chop).
4. Finely chop the half of the cilantro, tear off the leaves from the second (if it is parsley, then just finely chop).
5.Mix pepper, onion, beans, corn and cilantro leaves.
6.For the dressing: mix olive oil, lime and lemon juice add sugar, salt, chopped cumin, cayenne and black pepper, finely chopped cilantro. Throw crushed garlic there. Using a whisk, mix well. It is advisable to put the salad and dressing (separately from each other) in the refrigerator for an hour.
7. Remove the garlic from the dressing and mix with the salad. Garnish with a slice of lime and eat.
4. Pomegranate, Pear and Cheese Salad
A salad of arugula, fresh pears, pomegranate seeds, toasted nuts and cheese – this is very tasty! And if you take blue cheese with mould, you will get a delicious French-style dish.
Ripe pears – 2 pcs.
Pomegranate seeds – 100 g
Gouda cheese or Adyghe – 120 g
Olive oil – 2-3 tbsp.
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Arugula – a small bunch
Walnuts – a handful
Salt, ground pepper
1. Cut the pear into slices, and the cheese into cubes.
2. Put on a plate with washed arugula.
3. Add pomegranate seeds, toasted walnuts and mix.
4. Pour olive oil over the salad, sprinkle with lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
5. Let it brew for 10-15 minutes and serve.