The Coronavirus pandemic has changed all of our worlds, and that too not just temporarily. Outside of healthcare where heroes are dressed up in their gowns and are battling to save lives many sectors were hauled with the onset of the deadly virus.
The situation where entire nations have been ordered to stay at home, airlines have gone broke, travel companies were laying off huge amounts of workers, and hotels became hospitals.
Tourism industry was hit hard and GOA was no different!!
Goa’s economy heavily relies on tourism, apart from mining and pharmaceutical sectors. But now the state has decided to restart their tourism activities by following the standard operating procedures(SOPs). Goa Tourism Minister Manohar Ajgaonkar said the decision to reopen the state for tourists was taken during a Cabinet meeting. “We have decided to allow domestic travellers to enter Goa from July 2, the minister said.
However, there are few conditions and precautions which you need to adhere before implementing your “GOA KA PLAN“!
Here is a list of what one needs to know:
- A negative COVID-19 certificate that has been conducted over the past 48 hours is must. Else, travellers will have to get tested in Goa for the same.
- Anyone testing positive for Covid- 19 would either have to go back or stay in quarantine in Goa until their test result are negative.
- Travellers need to pre-book their stay at hotels that are approved to be operated by the tourism department.
- Non-approved hotel or homestay will not be allowed to go ahead with booking for travellers, and the same would be deemed illegal.
Apart from these conditions, here are few tips from us to ensure your safety, and the safety of those travelling with you.
Gear up for pandemic travel prep
When it’s time to pack for your trip, grab any medicines you may need on your trip and these essential safe-travel supplies:
- Face masks
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer (at least 60% alcohol) and make sure to have it in reach.
- Disinfectant wipes (at least 70% alcohol) for most touched surfaces like doorknobs, handles, chairs and buttons.
- Gloves that are long and washable are the go-to essentials.
- A reusable water bottle would be next.
- We also suggest carrying a first aid kit with multivitamins and immunity boosters as suggested by the professionals.
- A power bank to keep your devices alive for online transactions to reduce as much as human contact.
Check the place you are going to visit
Try going through day’s latest news and find out the latest health update for your destination. You may not want to go to high risk areas and get infected.
Do not panic
On arrival at your destination, you may be checked for fever. Do not lie to the authorities or panic unnecessarily. Tell the authorities about the zone from you are coming and if there is some slight temperature variation co operate with them. They will test you for Coronavirus and may put you in quarantine till your results are negative.
Always Remember: Safety first
Even the best plans may need to be set aside when illness strikes. If you are not feeling well before your planned travel, stay home except to get medical care.
Follow the hygiene protocol and follow the instructions given by the health authorities. By these few simple measures, we can enjoy the break without worrying much about the outbreak, because there’s no stopping for an audacious Goa-lover from enjoying their next trip.